minted tomato, basil and artichoke bruschetta
Yields: 24 bruschetta
- 1 lb Village Farms savory roma® tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- ½ lb Artichoke hearts, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup Fresh mint, finely chopped
- ½ cup Fresh basil, finely chopped
- ¼ cup White wine vinegar
- ½ cup Extra virgin olive oil
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- Coarse sea salt, to taste
- 2 Large baguette
- ¼ cup Extra virgin olive oil
- Slice the baguettes in cross sections ½ inch thick; lay out on a baking tray and drizzle liberally with the ¼ cup olive oil. Bake in a 350°F oven until just golden and crisp on the exterior, but retaining a soft core.
- Toss the chopped roma tomatoes and the artichokes with olive oil and vinegar. Make sure to save any juice from chopping roma tomatoes and add back into mix. Add the fresh herbs, then season with salt and pepper to taste then spoon mixture onto the crostini. It is important not to dress crostini too far ahead otherwise they will lose crisp texture due to moisture being absorbed.