Caprese Chicken with Balsamic Glaze
Author: Lunches and Littles
- WHAT YOU NEED (for main dish)
- 2-3 Sinfully Sweet Campari® Tomatoes; sliced thick
- ¾ cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 and ½ tsp poultry seasoning
- 2 and ½ tsp Italian seasoning (plus more for topping, as desired)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- a few drizzles of EVOO
- 4 slices of fresh mozzarella cheese
- fresh basil leaves
- a sprinkling of fresh/chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- WHAT YOU NEED (for balsamic vinaigrette)
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tbsp finely diced shallots (*optional)
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp honey (use less if desired)
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup EVOO
- In a sealable plastic bag (or equivalent) combine salad dressing, poultry seasoning and Italian seasoning. Seal and move contents of bag around to combine.
- Add chicken to bag, re-seal, and move chicken around bag to thoroughly mix/coat. Refrigerate chicken for at least 1 hour- up to 3.
- Once time is up for chicken pre-heat oven to 450 degrees. Then remove chicken from bag and discard any excess marinade.
- Next, in an oven-safe skillet, heat a few drizzles of olive oil over in pan over medium heat. Place chicken in pan and begin to cook allowing chicken to lightly brown on each side (flip once you have achieved a nice browning on first side). *You are not trying to cook chicken thoroughly at this point, just getting the outsides seared and browned.
- Once chicken is nice and browned, drain excess oil from pan- then place in oven and bake for approx. 15 minutes (may need longer- just keep checking it!) until fully cooked.
- While chicken is baking, make balsamic vinaigrette. To make vinaigrette: place all vinaigrette ingredients into a mason jar with lid. Seal and shake vigorously for 30 seconds or more, until very well-combined. Set aside.
- Remove pan from oven, top each piece of chicken with a slice of mozzarella cheese and 1- 2 pieces of tomato (place excess tomato slices in pan to warm a bit). Return to oven until cheese is melty.
- Remove pan from oven again. Top chicken with balsamic vinaigrette and fresh basil leaves, as desired. Sprinkle with additional Italian seasoning and/or freshly chopped parsley if desired. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve immediately or portion out for meals throughout the week. Just reheat when ready to eat and enjoy. Yum!