- 6 Sinfully Sweet Campari Tomatoes® cut into ¼" slices
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 yellow peaches cut into ¼" slices (see note below)
- 12 oz. fresh mozzarella cut into ¼" slices
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place the balsamic in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil then reduce heat slightly and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes, or until reduced in half and slightly thickened. It will coat the back of a spoon once ready. Set aside.
- Turn your grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush oil on both sides of the peach slices and then place on the grill over direct heat. Cook for about 4 minutes per side, or until grill marks begin to appear. Remove from grill.
- Arrange the salad by starting with a tomato slice on a platter, then place a grilled peach across half of the tomato, then placing a mozzarella slice over half of the peach, then placing a basil leaf over the mozzarella. Repeat until the platter is full and you have used all the ingredients.
- Drizzle the balsamic reduction over the top and serve at once.
To slice the peaches, use a sharp knife and carefully slice one side of the peach off, about 1/4″ thick. Moving inwards, cut another slice. Once you reach the pit, turn the peach around and cut slices in the same manner. Save the peach that is left around the pit for another use (or a quick snack).
We find that using a quality balsamic produces the best tasting reduction. The reduced balsamic will stay in a container with a lid in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.