Grilled Cioppino Foil Packs
Author: My Diary of Us
- 1 Lb. Fresh Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 Lb. Clams (can sub mussels)
- 1 Lb. of Halibut (can sub cod), cut into chunks
- 3 Cups of Village Farms Cherry no. 9 Fall in Love Again® Tomatoes
- ½ Cup Fresh Fennel
- 5 Cloves of Minced Garlic
- 2 Shallots, finely minced
- 1 Cup Fish Stock
- 1 Tbsp. Salt
- ½ Tbsp. Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp. Red Chili Flake
- 1 Tbsp. Tomato Paste
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Baguette, sliced
- Fresh Basil
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees.
- Place a large cast iron skillet directly on the grill. (If you don’t have a cast iron, feel free to do this portion on the stove.)
- Add oil to the skillet along with the shallots, garlic, fennel, tomatoes, and red chili flake and season with ½ of the salt and pepper.
- Sauté the veggies until the tomatoes start to burst and the shallots and fennel get tender.
- Add in tomato paste, seafood stock, and bay leaves to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for another 5-10 minutes until reduced slightly.
- At this time remove the skillet from the grill.
- Make 4 Foil Packets and add a few ladles of the tomato broth into each packet.
- Top with an equal amount of all seafood and then stir to combine.
- Season with the rest of the salt and pepper and close the foil packets tightly.
- Close the grill lid and cook for 10-12 minutes until seafood is just cooked through.
- For the last couple minutes of grilling, place slices of baguette onto the grill for 1-2 minutes per side.
- To serve open foil packets, garnish with fresh basil, and serve with grilled bread for dipping.
P.S. Come share your favorite summer tomato or cucumber potluck dish and recipe with me on Instagram and you can be entered for a super fun giveaway that is happening too! You won’t want to miss it!
Recipe and photography by My Diary of Us
Read – Summer Supper ClubPrint