tomato guajillo salsa
Yields: 8 servings
- 2 lb Village Farms lip smackn’ grapes® tomatoes
- 1 small white onion
- 1 Red Sweet Bells® pepper
- 4 Cloves garlic
- 1 Bunch green onions
- 1 Jalapeño
- 2 Dried ancho chili
- 1 Chipotle pepper
- 1 Bunch cilantro
- 2½ tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Heat grill or broiler to high.
- Cover ancho chilies in bowl with hot water for 20 minutes.
- Grill to char whole white onion, red pepper, jalapeño, and garlic for 10 minutes.
- Grill to char ½ the grape tomatoes and ½ the green onion for 4 minutes.
- Cut charred fresh vegetables into small pieces.
- Add to blender with ancho chili, chipotle pepper, cilantro, and additional green onions until chunky.
- Add to pot, simmering until reduced by ⅓.
- Let cool, then add vinegar and olive oil, whisking until blended.
- Next, blister additional grape tomatoes in hot pan.
- Fold into salsa mixture.