Chicken Cacciatore Flatbread
Author: Alex Torres, Meal Prep Mondays
- 2 Naan flatbreads
- 6 oz cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 1 bag Village Farms heavenly villagio marzano® tomatoes
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp white onion, chopped fine
- 2-3 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 2 tsp fresh oregano
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp basil, chopped
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp fresh black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Chop ¼ bag of tomatoes and slice the remaining.
- Place pan on medium heat, add olive oil and onions and cook for 1 min.
- Add garlic, half the salt and pepper, thyme, and oregano. Stir and simmer for 2 mins.
- Add chopped tomatoes, chicken, and half of sliced tomatoes to pan. Cook on low 8-10 mins to a thick consistency. Set aside 5 mins to cool.
- Spread mixture on flatbread. Add remaining tomato slices on top.
- Bake for 5 mins! Top with fresh parmesan cheese and basil. Enjoy!
Recipe and photography by Alex Torres
Read – Dazzle Your Sweetheart with a Delicious Date Night InPrint