Stuffed Sensational Sara
Author: My Diary of Us
- 8 Village Farms Sensational Sara tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups cooked farro
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella cheese (torn into bite size pieces)
- ¼ cup basil, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat grilled to medium-low heat, about 325 degrees.
- In a bowl combine cooled and cooked farro, torn mozzarella cheese, basil, and ½ of the salt and pepper. Gently stir to combine.
- Take the Sensational Sara® tomatoes and with a very sharp knife cut off the stem and then go around the edge of the tomato to remove the seeds inside. Use a spoon to gently scoop out insides.
- Flip tomatoes over gently and brush the bottoms with olive oil to prevent sticking on the grill.
- Scoop 2-3 tablespoons of the farro salad inside of the tomato, careful not to overstuff.
- Gently place the tomatoes on the grill and cook with lid down for 7-10 minutes until cheese is melty and tomatoes are cooked slightly.
- Using a spatula, remove from the grill gently. Top with more fresh basil and serve immediately. Drizzle with a balsamic glaze if desired.
Recipe and photography by My Diary of Us
Read – Spice up Your SummerPrint